The Sanskrit word Parigrah means (among other things) ‘to amass’, ‘to crave’, ‘to seek’, ‘to seize’. The deeper sense of the word encompasses the feelings of attachment, as well as the possessions themselves. Aparigraha—the opposite concept— translates as non-possessiveness and contentment with what we have.
If you follow the energy pathway, you will become aware that clutter and chaos actually start with your innermost thoughts and only then end up on your desk, your floor, your closet… dragging you down, holding you back and blocking you from receiving what you want and deserve.
After grounding and opening ourselves during the afternoon’s AromaYoga® practice on July 25th at Yoga Desa in Topanga, Jessica Waters, founder of In Perfect Order and creator of the CLARITY System™, will lead us into an exploration of how Parigrah and Aparigrah are at play in our thoughts, our lives, at home and at work and will offer sage advice on how to craft your surroundings to be in service to the highest reflection of your Self.
Challenging Your Thought Clutter
- The importance of setting the bar high enough for yourself.
- Grief, loneliness, rebelliousness, rage, resentment. How these toxins mess you up. (literally!)
- Deeply understanding that it’s what’s UNDER the clutter, not the mess itself that matters.
- Recognizing that flow is not a ‘set it and forget it’ task– like eating well or upholding a yoga practice, it’s a habit to maintain.
- What exactly IS overwhelm and how does it relate to starting and maintaining your organizing project?
- Which essential oils—single and blends— can boost your productivity, ground your racing thoughts, conquer your overwhelm and motivate and inspire you to become the rock star that you know you are.